Sunday, January 7, 2018

THE BAR IS OPEN

Now if any of you should pop around in the coming weeks, the bar is open and fully stocked. The Mistress must have quite the reputation for putting it away, beats me. This Christmas seemed to be a theme this year. It all started with my dear ole Mother. Not only did she give me two bottles of....
yes...a small and BIG bottle of Hendricks...but also theses little gems.....
Have you seen these before? They are little chocolate bottles and filled with different liqueurs..Talk about the gift of holiday cheer. These were crafted by the world-famous Danish Court appointed, Anthon Berg of Denmark. I have had several already...and are they ever good!!! Fun and festive, each rich, dark chocolate is shaped like a bottle, filled with a premium liqueur, and wrapped in colorful foil to resemble its namesake. I think they are the ideal gift for the person who appreciates quality chocolates, and the perfect hostess gift. Or use them as individual place settings for all your gatherings I say. I especially liked this one...
Now over the weekend I did some experimenting, and found they are quite tasty in my other guilty pleasure.....
The best hot chocolate I have ever had with exception to that 6'4" hot dark honey I had one night. But that's another story. No... after you make your cup, drop one of those suckers in, let it melt and voilĂ .....a delish and warming hot cup of cocoa. The Mother also got me these...
Champagne infused truffles!!!!!

two mini bottles of rum in my stocking...

And a lovely set of huge balloon red wines glasses!
In addition to that, I got several bottles of wine from co-workers, and a few bottles of dark stout and a bottle of bourbon whiskey from the Lad. He knows I enjoy a little cordial of bourbon whiskey before bed in the winter.
And worry not, if you can't find the bar by the lit arrow on the one side of the bar, my boss even had this tee shirt included in my gift box this year!!!!!
Does anyone else pick up on the theme?   Well, say what you may, but I have not been sick in a hellish long time, not even a cold. Is it any wonder? Germs are probably frightened to enter my domain!!!

 And the chocolate is a plus...so there is that.

40 comments:

  1. Chocolate - yes! Alcohol - unfortunately no, med does not allow alcohol. Once got excused from a jury because of it. I felt like saying 'just because I don't consume alcohol now doesn't mean I am unfamiliar with it - in the past! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! And when I was on the jury I got excused because apparently they had a problem I whipped my flask out to mix a drink. I said, Well damn it, your cutting into happy hour. I never did get called back.

      Delete
  2. Mount Gay, huh? So many dirty thoughts in my mind, and I'm going to be good and leave them there!
    I used to love those chocolate bottle liqueurs until my doctor said lay off. Mistress, you can open your own liquor store and make out big time! Pace yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would...but seem Anne Marie is always piffering it out of the Casa down her gullet.

      Delete
    2. nope, it's the houseboyz, not me! and I would check under ms. moorecock's bed for a hidden stash...

      Delete
  3. oooooh, those chocolate liquor bottles look dee-lish!

    that first pix - the houseboyz enjoy a drag night on the town!

    "mount gay rum" - hee hee hee, I said mount! bottoms up, gurl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love them!!!! The bottle, not the bottoms up.

      Delete
    2. correct, I am a top all the way!

      Delete
  4. After drinking and chocolate.... and you still keep a trim fit figure. bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your chin up Miriam. Both of them.

      Delete
  5. .... bottle worship?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could complain with gifts like that? I love those mini chocolate liqueur bottle. When I was with my ex, they made a tasty addition to his Advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alcohol filled chocolate. Oh, yes! I'm down for that. I fondly remember these chocolates that were shaped like kegs way back when I actually got carded for buying booze, except these were filled with bourbon. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a bar sign against nice pecs.....how about a drink now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just may be the real life Karen Walker.......

    Those bottle looks so good. Chocolate and liqueur????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "If you ever need someone to drink with, I’ll drink with you. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I’ll drink with you. I guess what I’m trying to say is: I love to drink!"

      Delete
  10. What a fantastic collection of decadent chocolates, gorgeous stemware, and spectacular spirits!

    It's a perfect reflection of you:

    You're sweet, classy, and a helluva good time!

    Cheers!
    (_*)
    _|_

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder you must sleep like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word Mistress, I haven't seen those little chocolate bottles in years!!!! I do remember the name of the company that made them. They were quite delicious. Never would have thought to drop one in hot cocoa. Those champagne truffle sound like a delight. And with that shirt and buff figure, have you thought to be a bartender????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!!!!! I like being a patron instead.

      Delete
    2. And no doubt he'd drink the profits!

      Delete
  13. That's one sweet bar set up Mistress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's the proof (pun intended), alcohol kills germs. My mouth is watering. And, oh mothers! Mine used to buy me these kinds of things, too. Every time she and my father visited, she would bring a box of liqueur-filled chocolate bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've had the little chocolate bottles....they are scrumptious.

      Delete
  15. Quality is always in style - Hendrix is good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1/08/2018

    When I drop dead I'm donating my organs. I just pity the poor sucker who ends up with my kidney. Take note!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, if someone get mine, they'll be instantly buzzed.

      Delete
  17. Looks all so yummy! And I saw at least one gay I'd mount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been hanging with Cali Boi too much.

      Delete
  18. My dearly departed grandmother swore by a cordial of bourbon whiskey each night. She was seldom sick and lived to be 99 years old. I hate whiskey, but I do do a cordial at bed of Tia Maria, sleep like a baby. Those bottles are calling my name...and I love those little bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clearly you are set up to entertain ...where's my invite???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean to say my carrier pigeon didn't get there yet?

      Delete
  20. Well, you are ready for all of us to descend upon the Casa... But, you didn't mention the Houseboys - are they ready??

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't seen Butlers Champagne truffles in years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A well appointed bar!!!! And do I spy a cock-tail shaker slightly to the left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, is THAT what that is? I wasn't sure...

      Delete
  23. What a collection/selection! My brother-in-law got me a bottle of ginger and rhubarb gin (which is absolutely delicious) - I immediately thought of you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!