Sunday, November 5, 2017

WEEKEND ROAM

Well, the weekend started out with very beautiful weather wise, and you know the Mistress can't sit still to long. After having a half day at work Friday, and the staff at the Casa having everything under control for once, I decided to take a fall walk about in Philly for the day. After a huge breakfast, I was afraid to leave the Casa in fear my jeans might split from the waffles and bacon I swallowed whole, but I left anyway in hope the zipper and snap would hold. I met up with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in some time....and we potted around the Art Museum and Fairmount Park section, as I wanted to take a few snaps.
Looking toward the beautiful Boathouse Row......
You may be wondering what are all the Roman looking pillared buildings from above and below.The Fairmount Water Works was Philadelphia's second municipal waterworks. Designed in 1812 by Frederick Graff and built between 1812 and 1872, it operated until 1909, winning praise for its design and becoming a popular tourist attraction. It now houses a restaurant and an interpretive center that explains the waterworks' purpose and local watershed history. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1976 for its architecture and its engineering innovations. It was also the nation's first water supply to use paddle wheels to move water. 
After a nice walk in the air all afternoon, I mentioned wanting to go to Barbuzzo for some drinks, but of course... and to try out the menu. Philadelphia right now is exploding with many new eateries and restaurants.....a diners paradise. Laurel was on the radar, owned by a winner of Top Chef, but impossible to get into without reservations, So Barbuzzo it was. I great choice.
Since opening, crowds have been packing the tables for the affordable small plates and creative pizzas featuring toppings like braised bacon and truffled farm eggs. We both had pasta dishes, but the appetizer was delicious as hell. Sheep's Milk Ricotta!
Along with their excellently made cock-a-tails!!!!!
Be sure to save room for dessert. Enjoying Barbuzzo’s salted caramel budino could be described as a life-changing experience. The creamy dessert, topped with a dark chocolate crust, vanilla bean caramel and sea salt, has proved so popular,  that our waiter said it is often offered for sale separately during the holidays. Barbuzzo’s small space offers an intimate dining experience and it was safe to say we made pigs of ourselves.
It was a painful ride home on the train,since I apparently have no self control when it came to eating this weekend, filled with to much earthly delights. Today was spent relaxing. But it was worth a weekend for the senses I think.

26 comments:

  1. I just had a midafternoon snack and coffee, and all of a sudden I'm hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, gurl, you live the high life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I travel a lot with my job, and have eaten in most large cities, and I have to say Philadelphia has the best restaurants ever. So much eclectic, different places to go. Every time I'm told I'm going to Philly...I glow. And your right...so many new ones every time I'm there. That Sheep Milk Ricotta sound DE-LISH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have some pretty places to roam thru. Everyone is jigsaw puzzle worthy. Coming here is always an enjoyable learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment Deedles.

      Delete
  5. I love Barbuzzo's! I also love their salted caramel budino....and so does my fat ass!!!!

    Your thin and svelte.....you can afford it cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking day!! Love that museum. But Mistress, I don't think your button and fly were bursting from eating.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Barbuzzo's!!!!!!! Mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when I lived in Philly and went to the art muesuem, the buildings behind, and always wondered what they were. Looks a lot different now. Great area to spend a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe a couple years back they did a huge renovation on the waterworks....I also understand it was very costly.

      Delete
  9. What beautiful pictures from the Waterworks. William and I were just at a wedding there about a years ago. Quite a nice location to walk about and enjoy an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That restaurant looks and sounds ammmmmmazing! I went and looked at there menu. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day of indulgence in food and drink is a nice way to pamper yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When In Philly I always enjoy the Fairmount Park/Art Museum area. Those cock-a-tails look yuuuuumy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stretch jeans! My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to get back to Philadelphia again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those stretched jeans weren't from eating....ive seen you in jeans 😈
    Love the pictures of the waterworks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these post are getting me excited to start planning my Philly trip. It's been years since I had a break out of Ptown. I see fall color finally appearing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like another nice tour. Those decadent desserts are making my pjs even feel tighter. My god they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jeans come in a larger size, life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A full weekend of debauchery always guarantees a good time - though we can regret some things we've done. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I left the US, Philadelphia was one of the things I missed most...one of the most beautiful cities in the US, with such options in leisure, arts and dining. I used to make a yearly trip. Love your pictures Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need those drinks.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!