Thursday, July 31, 2014

SWING TIME

WHAT'S HOT?
 
Is there anything better than one of those summer traditions than the good old hammock? And I'm not talking about a banana hammock!!!!  Hammocks are a good way to enjoy the summer weather and have a sleep in amoung other things. Although I did have a good time in one once.....not the easiest thing to do. Can you say ouch when the thing flips!!! I came across these in a publication and thought they were way to cool.
 
 
Loving this blue one!!!

 
The company that makes them is Hang a Hammock Collective and is relatively  new, a young collective of craft women and craftsmen based in Masaya, Nicaragua. They produce and sell hammocks, hanging chairs and macrame cribs. Together they design, weave and ship the items. Each item is 100% hand made. And a great plus is 10% of the price is accumulated and used for community projects. The threads are made twisting cotton wires by artisans through with a old machine everyday. The wooden bars are turned each one. The body of the hammocks is hand woven by expert craftsmen on their team.


Besides being well made they also take measures to minimize environmental impact and  use only recycled paper and very few sealing tape to pack your hammock and they buy only hardwood not in risk of extinction for the spreader bars. The best part is on request they will design your hammock on your taste because  it is made it their own workshops. I absolutely love the colors they use and the hanging tassels add just the right amount of flair, don't you think???
 
In a couple of weeks I'll being heading to the Pocono Mountains to join my good friends at their campsite for some glamping and debachery. I'm thinking this would make a great gift , for he is always hosting me with his accommodations.
 
Or this scene would work for me any day too.....
 
 
Ahhhhhh, is that heaven, or is that heaven. Loving the wine chiller.
 
Anyone wanna join me???

25 comments:

  1. How cool! Love the embellishments on them! I don't know I have ever been in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still hear you two hitting the pavement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hammocks in the summer, but these are much more classy than my old one in the metal stand. The prices weren't bad for these either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistress I have one of these and always lay in it, I will show you how to master the hammock well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool hammocks! And like the previous post, we need a after hours blog to hear the naughty details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very stunning I'm here to tell you. William and I got one for our daughter. Took about a month to get shipped, but a wonderful hammock, beautifully made, gloriously comfortable and great to look at too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink/purple one has my name all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "they buy only hardwood not in risk of extinction for the spreader bars." - I thought of a different kind of spreader bars here...(tis naughty I am)!

    can you see one of these in a rainbow flag pattern?

    looks like splendid craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you understand why I support hard wood, I hate to see it become extinct.

      Delete
  9. LOVES IT!!! The shot of the one at the beach is heavenly.

    BTW - All this free press... they should send you a free one! Just sayin'.

    I hope you have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nephew spent two weeks in Nicaragua building a school. They slept in hammocks in a barn. Not as pretty as those! Enjoy your next adventure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the UK we could use them to shelter under during the drizzle.
    Thank you for voting for my tinfoil hat.

    Happy holidays!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, your welcome! I just hope when I'm in a pinch for a foil creation I can hire you!!!! You know, before your foil creations really take off! Did you plan on doing a foundations line?

      Delete
  12. I love hammocks, bit I don't think my big ass is doing those anymore! They are beauties though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had a place to put one. That first picture gives me some wonderfully naughty ideas.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, remind me to take the top bunk.

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous.
    And we have so many trees here on the Smallville Compound that we could probably hang 100 or so hammocks throughout the yard.
    Maybe open a business for people to nap under a Shady Pine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say throw in some cocktails and you got Bobs Cabana Bar!

      Delete
    2. oooooooooooooooh, my likey this idea!

      Delete
  15. They are stunning!!!!! And I have the perfect place for one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. And to think, I thought you were going to regail the story of the time you were lying naked in one, and your cock and balls got tangled in one of the macre holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " cock and balls got tangled in one of the macre holes?" THAT is a story we NEED to hear!!!!!! *off to picture this scenario *

      Delete
  17. I love a good hammock and these are not only week made, buy I'm guessing hold up well. Loving the color selections.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!