Monday, July 14, 2014

MONDAY MOMENTS.....SAY CHEESE

I hope everybody had a lovely Monday!?!
I would have posted earlier, but right after my mishap last night with the deletion of another post, I accidentally knocked over my glass of wine right across the God Damn laptop!!!!!!! Luckily I reacted quick and drained it...into my mouth of course , wiped it off and let it to dry out. Voila......were back in business!!!!
 
 
Now on to our regular business. For breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack the Dutch are very passionate about their cheese!!! So when in Amsterdam, say cheese!!!!
 
It goes without saying that Alkmaar’s cheese market which we visited one day while there is the number one tourist attraction in the city. Every Friday from 10:00, from April through September, you can watch cheese being traded in the same time-honoured way as it has been for centuries. If you are visiting Alkmaar, this colourful and folkloric spectacle on the beautiful Waagplein (‘weighing square’) is an absolute must-see.The cheese market would not be the spectacle it is without its cheese carriers. Still, the ‘placers’, ‘throwers’ and ‘scale masters’ are important people on the market. They are all part of a guild with many traditions. All in all, the Alkmaar cheese market is a fascinating spectacle.
 
 
And we all know I love me some cheese!

32 comments:

  1. Now I need the biggest bowl of tortilla chips to go with some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see a HUGE overdose coming. William and I are avid cheeseoholics! And please be careful Mistress with the laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is so cool, even though I'm feeling bound just looking at it all.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you gave us cheese to go with that whine, er, wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! That's pretty good you little smartie pants!

      Delete
  5. You have a vice for Cuban cigars, gin and men of every variety, do you need another?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/15/2014

    What an amazing cheese emporium, I've only just started to get into cheese, oh I'm going to need an intervention soon.

    PS. What a nightmare about the lost post and wine spill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my cheeses, there like a fifth food group for me.

      Delete
    2. When it comes to cheese, the Mistress is passed intervention.

      Delete
  7. WHOA! gimme some gouda! and you didn't waste one drop of wine - good on ya, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lekker! Love me some Dutch cheese (as long as it's not, well, you know, that variety :-) We always try and bring a Gouda back with us if we can.

    We've just booked to go to the 'Dam again - in just four weeks' time! Bring on the the men, the music, the mayhem, the Febo, the bicycles, the trams, the Blumenmarkt, the happy hours, the canals... Did I mention the men?

    Geef mij mar Amsterdam! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right, rub it in while I'm depressed being back. I did entertain a few men, but no cheese came them them. Thank goodness too, because I had no Carrs crackers with me. I hope you have a sinfully time love.

      Delete
    2. I usually manage that, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
    3. You and the Mistress would get along swimmingly!

      Delete
  9. Makes me think of that classic Monty Python sketch about The Cheese Shop! "The cat's eaten it."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god, looks like heaven to me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY MOLY! That is so cool to see. Why don't we have things like that here?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cheese and tons of it!!!!! And there's even a cheese museum???? I need to be there now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't thank you enough for sharing what looks like an amazing trip!!!! I could some a small fortune there buying cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is just awesome!!!!! I have never seen so much cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMMM... Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wondered when we would be getting around to some food!!!! Please tell me you brought some back with some weed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I lived there, no way I'd do drag with that amount of cheese. Oh how I LOVE cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, we know how you love your cheese! Isn't that usually a meal for you? Very cool to see this .

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew you had to see this, since you love your cheese so much, but it was a little embarrassing in customs when searched they found cheese, gin and weed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no doubt enjoyed the strip search.

      Delete
  20. That's pretty cool to see, bit I wouldn't mind some more of the dirty details;D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have been like I died and went to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just looking at this, I can feel me gaining another 15lbs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!